Ventrilo Setup and Configuration
From BA Wiki
The Bellum Aeternus Community Games communication protocol uses a VoIP program called Ventrilo. We require that you use these voice communications any time you are playing with BA. If you can't communicate, you simply can't be an effective team member. We also highly recommend using the Community Games Ventrilo server when you are soloing or messing around on games for several reasons including the strengthening of community awareness, enhanced teamwork capabilities/ organization and its just more fun to play with others!
Ventrilo Community Games Server Information
Port # 4250
Unlike TeamSpeak, you do not need to register with the server, and will always use the password above.
1) Install Ventrilo like any other application.
2) After installing Ventrilo, run the application. It will ask you if you would like to read the online manual (if it is your first time running the application since you installed the application). Select no.
4) Click on the -> side arrow next to User name and another box will pop up. Click on New and type in your desired User name. This is the name that others will see you as when you are logged to the server with Ventrilo. You may wish to play with the Phonetic spelling of your name so it announces correctly for those using that feature.
5) Click on the -> side arrow next to Server and again, click New. Type in the required IP, Port # and password given above in the "Ventrilo Server Information section". NOTE: The port NEEDS TO BE CHANGED from the default port.
6) If you know how to use or create or set key bindings, you may also do so at this time by clicking the -> side arrow next to the Bindings category.
7) After completing these steps, you should see a server added to the big empty white box. This box will list all of the servers you have added and will give the status of the server. If the added BA server says "Server is available. Click to connect", you may click on the server to connect to it.
Remove Annoying Sounds
Push to Talk Sound
Setup->Voice Tab, uncheck the "Play Key Clicks" checkbox. This is just above the Hotkey box on the left side.
Setup->Events Tab, Press "All Nothing", or edit individual events.