Overall: 3833

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 3
Bots: 4
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
BA Forums › BA Global Forums › BA Members Discussion › Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb
Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb
The official "pub" of Bellum Aeternus. Hang your hat and pull up a stool.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum IndexBA Members Discussion Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaintPeter
Legatus
Legatus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb Reply with quote

Old Legates Step Down
After some consideration, our distinguished Legates Aravel and Vidguy have decided to step down. Both have been with BA since our early Planetside days. In recent years, Aravel has acted as BA's treasurer, and Vidguy was responsible for the creation of the current site look and feel. Both have been active in BA Leadership in a number of different positions. Their leadership will be missed. They join CalmTerror, who had quietly stepped down some time ago as our Legatus Emeritus.

New Legates Step Up
To fill the gaps, Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb have agreed to step up and take on the position of Legates, bringing us back up to a total of seven.

Kyrhie joined BA in EQ2 when her guild, House of Kindred Spirits, merged into BA. Over time she became a guild officer and eventually co-governor of the EQ2 Province. More recently she has been assisting in new province formation as a Community Governor.

Brewski joined BA in the Planetside days and has been a steadfast player in a large number of BA provinces. He contributed a BF2142 server for our use when it came out. He is currently an officer in the Travian Proto-Province.

Ezweb joined us in WoW on Kel Thuzad, where he became (and remains) the Warrior class lead. For the past two years he has been co-governor of the WoW:KT province.

All Hail Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb!

What are Legates, Anyway?
It's possible that if you've recently joined us, you don't know about the structure of BA. When we moved from a single game, Planetside, to a multi-game group, or Meta-Guild, we created the position of Legate. The Legates perform a few key maintenance functions:

> Legates are responsible for setting overall policy for BA, including maintaining The Path of Bellum Aeternus and handling any inter-province issues.

> Legates maintain the website and voice comms hosting. We manage the finances of BA to ensure that our bills are paid. We also ensure that the website and voice servers are suiting the needs of our members and Provinces. For example, we sometimes host DKP tools and ensure that the voice servers are the right size.

> Legates keep the spirit of "The BA Way" flowing, ensuring that any group that holds the BA name represents BA ideals.

You can find out more about the structure of BA in The Path of Bellum Aeternus, on the BA Wiki.

Your Leadership Team
SaintPeter
Chaz
Thirdparty
Voltaire
Kyrhie
Brewski
Ezweb

Planetside 2
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Talon
The Spaminator
The Spaminator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb Reply with quote

AVE!

So long as he can hold onto a blade of grass, and not fall off the face of the Earth.
Vidguy
Legatus Emeritus
Legatus Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb Reply with quote

Hail Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb!!

It's been a slice, guys. I'm not going anywhere though...just a bit more inactive than I have been in previous years. Might play a bit more Conan later, but been really busy outside of gaming lately.

Help support your new Legates. There's a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes to keep this group running smoothly. Hat's off to you all!
Talon
The Spaminator
The Spaminator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb Reply with quote

And before I seem rude, AVE! to the outgoing Legates. Thanks for your service and work to make BA what it is -- a fun place to play.

So long as he can hold onto a blade of grass, and not fall off the face of the Earth.
CalmTerror
BA Senate Advisor
BA Senate Advisor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb Reply with quote

Congratulations, Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb, and thank you.

You're doing the hard work that allows everyone else to have fun without worrying whether the website and voice communication will suddenly cease to exist one morning.

Vidguy, Aravel, you've been doing all that for years, and you've made this community what it is today. So, now, sit back and enjoy what you've created! I assure you, it's quite spectacular.

Legatus Emeritus of Bellum Aeternus
Jachovie_039
I have no life
I have no life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb Reply with quote

Grats Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb! And thanks for all the work you two have done Vidguy and Aravel. Enjoy retirement Mr. Green

Aion: Jachovie - Templar
Kyrhie
Legatus Emeritus
Legatus Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb Reply with quote

All of the HARD work has been done already! Thanks and admiration are due to all of the previous Legates for what they have created here.

My proverbial hat is off to each and every one of you! Thank you for helping to shape Bellum Aeternus into what it is today.

Chaz
Legatus
Legatus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb Reply with quote

Congrats. Welcome. And see you around to A and V.

"Blarg, I am dead"
BornChaos
Community Governor
Community Governor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb Reply with quote

Awesome!! Grats guys. You have all worked hard for it and you will do us proud!

xda-developers

Live like you will die today, dream like you will live forever.
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maz
I miss daylight...
I miss daylight...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb Reply with quote

Thanks to the incoming for stepping up and thanks to the outgoing for what you've already done. Smile

Angar
I have no life
I have no life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb Reply with quote

Hail Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb!

(Remember that was the greeting to all new members in Planetside?)

And thank you Aravel and Vidguy for the time you spent standing watch so the hordes (Goons?) did not overtake our bastion of gaming goodness.

To those Legates who are still serving, thank you for the time and work you are and will continue to put towards this community.

AVE!

--Angar
Keeper of the bathroom reading material Cool

Thorion
Need a bigger forum
Need a bigger forum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb Reply with quote

I guess I could Hail! but you're not really new. Ha, thought Brewski was already a Legate. Woops. Congrats to you three and enjoy the "retirement" to the other two. You guys did a great job and I hope to see you around. To the three noobs...You have rather large shoes to fill. Sure you'll all do a great job though. No, I do not believe in skipping lines.

Marines don't die. They go to hell and regroup.

"Vae Victus"-Suffering to the Conquered
Serafina
Forum Demigoddess
Forum Demigoddess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb Reply with quote

Thank you to all the Legates- past, current, and incoming. You guys are awesome! (INCOMING!!)

Serifina | BA Druid

vinetail
WoW Centurion
WoW Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb Reply with quote

Hail to the new Legates! And my thanks to the retiring ones for all their hard, unsung work! Smile

keshtath
1337est Forum Title
1337est Forum Title

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Announcing New Legates: Kyrhie, Brewski, and Ezweb Reply with quote

I for one welcome our new legate overlords.

P.S. Brew still has no penis.

“Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.”
-Jack Thompson
"Defeating you takes less effort than smacking a baby, not that I'd ever do that!"
-Akuma
  Page 1 of 2All times are GMT - 6 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum IndexBA Members Discussion Printer Friendly Page

Go to page 1, 2  Next